Friday, November 6, 2009

Meeting Irondad


Yesterday was a great day!  The forecast called for rainy, windy weather but I knew that at then end of the 70 mile ride to Corvallis I'd be having lunch with Dan. I was really looking forward to meeting him. We've been kind of thinking about getting together for a couple of months. It turns out that we know some of the same people in the line of work that we each do.


We met at a Subway sandwich shop at noon and didn't part ways until almost 2:30. For me that time just flew by.
 
From the moment you meet Dan you can tell that he's a great guy with a big caring heart. He's passionate about riding and sharing his knowledge to help others. But of course all of you who have followed his blog through the years already know this.
 
On the way back to the Portland area I stopped by my favorite off-the-road spot when coming back from Corvallis. The rain that we were suppose to have didn't materialize until evening.


I'm new at blogging and fairly new to riding. Dan offered tips in both of these areas. On the trip home I even managed to keep my nose pointed in the direction of the exit on a couple of turns and hold it there. It really works! More stability and confidence!

Thanks Dan, it was good to meet you. See you out there again soon.



5 comments:

  1. Mike:

    you are so lucky to have met a legend in our time. You aimed the camera in the wrong direction. You only caught a riderless FJR

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    We talked about that. He came close to getting a picture of me by the bikes but I wanted to get one of both of us. Since neither of us brought a tripod and there didn't seem to be anyone available, we plan on having a tripod next time.

    I'm looking forward to meeting you too! The Canadian legend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool....I hope to meet Dan if I end up riding to the BMWMOA National rally next year up in the NW part of the empire. Really nice pic of that massive tree by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie6,
    The BMW rally will be a great place for people to meet. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Natasha too. Or I guess you'll probably bring Brigitta since it'll be above 60 and she's a BMW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike:

    Gee Gosh, you are too kind. I am at a loss for words

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete