Thursday, December 17, 2009

PGE Park


This is PGE Park, home to the Portland Beavers minor league baseball team and the Portland Timbers soccer team. Next year the Timbers will be a major league team for the first time.


Yesterday morning I attended a meeting at the park for a remodel expansion that will begin right after the first of the year. Among other things there will be 5000 seats added to the stadium.


I haven't been to the park in years. It was nice to snap a few shots as two groups of contractors did a "walk-around".

There has been a movement for years to bring a professional baseball team to Portland. It keeps getting shot down because the park is not big enough and it would make the downtown area too conjested. The other alternative is to build a new stadium but no one has figured out how to fund it.

In my line of work I deal with maintenance people not contractors but in this challenging economic climate I've starting to work with contractors too.


It was a good time of renewing old contacts and meeting new people.

When you visit Portland consider taking in a game. Public transportation makes getting to the park easy from downtown restaurants and hotels.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Mike:

    I particularly like backlit shots like that one inside the stadium with those arched windows. It is really hard to control the dynamic range with the bright light.

    I also like the reflections on that water shot.

    again I think these two would be better in grey scale

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already play a game when I ride in downtown Portland. It's called Dodge Ball. Don't need to go to a park to do it, either!

    ReplyDelete